Living Our Values
Why do the Standards of Business Conduct Exist?
- As a global company, we are subject to the highest standards of ethical conduct and behavior
- The Standards help us make decisions in our daily work
- The Standards demonstrate that we take our legal and ethical responsibilities seriously
Who is Expected to Follow the Standards?
- The Standards apply to all partners, officers, and board of directors, as well as temporary service workers and independent contractors
- We also expect that third parties working on our behalf will follow similarly high ethical standards
Starbucks does not tolerate retaliation against or the victimization of any partner who raises concerns or questions regarding a potential violation of the Standards of Business Conduct or any Starbucks policy that he or she reasonably believes to have occurred.
As Partners, We Need to:
- Know and follow the Standards and company policies that apply to our jobs
- Ask questions when we are unsure of the right course of action
- Speak up when we see or suspect misconduct
Leaders and Managers Set the Tone:
- Set high expectations for partners and lead by example
- Foster an open door culture where partners feel comfortable
- Be alert to possible misconduct in the workplace
- Promote ethics and compliance through continued learning opportunities
You Are Empowered
You can deliver great customer experiences, knowing that Starbucks supports you in doing the right thing and conducting business with integrity.
You Have Responsibility
You play a critical role in ensuring that Starbucks is a great work environment and in protecting our culture, our reputation and our brand.
You Have Help
If you are unsure of what to do in a situation, you have resources available to you, including Partner Resources and Ethics & Compliance.
You Have A Voice
When you think something isn’t right, speak up and share your concerns, knowing that Starbucks wants to hear them and does not tolerate retaliation against partners.